1. Strengthening Economic Growth
2. Enhancing Fiscal Governance
3. Developing Human Capital and Entrepreneurship
4. Advancing Bumiputera Agenda
5. Upholding Role of Women
6. Developing National Youth Transformation programme and
7. Prioritizing Well-Being of the Rakyat
Here are the goodies delivered with regards to the property industry
Youth Housing Scheme
- Offered on a first come first served basis for 20,000 units only
- A smart partnership between the government, Bank Simpanan Nasional, Employees Provident Fund and Cagamas
- Offers a funding limit for a first home not exceeding RM500,000 for married youth aged between 25 and 40 years with household income not exceeding RM10,000. The maximum loan period is 35 years
- Government will provide a monthly financial assistance of RM200 to borrowers for the first two years to reduce the burden of monthly installments.
- Government will also give a 50% stamp duty exemption on the instrument of transfer agreements and loan agreements
- Government will provide a 10% loan guarantee to enable borrowers to obtain full financing cost of insurance.
- Borrowers can also withdraw from EPF Account 2 to top their monthly installments and other related costs
Special Housing Fund for Fishermen
- Allocation of RM300 million to build and refurbish houses for fishermen
- An additional RM250 million for housing projects and to improve the living condition of fishing villages
1Malaysia People’s Housing Programme
- To build 80,000 units with an allocation of RM1.3 billion.
- To enable more people to own houses, the ceiling of household income is raised from RM8,000 to RM10,000.
- A rent-to-own scheme will be introduced specifically for individuals who are unable to obtain bank financing.
People’s Housing Programme
- National Housing Department to build 26,000 units with an allocation of RM644 million
Rumah Mesra Rakyat
- Syarikat Perumahan Negara Berhad to build 12,000 units
Rumah Idaman Rakyat
- Syarikat Perumahan Negara Berhad to build 5,000 units
Rumah Aspirasi Rakyat
- Syarikat Perumahan Negara Berhad to build 20,000 units on privately owned land
- Government has agreed to extend the 50% stamp duty exemption on instruments of transfer and loan agreements and increase the purchase limit from RM400,000 to RM500,000. Exemption is given until 31 December 2016.
- Government agrees to improve the Skim Rumah Pertamaku under the purview of Cagamas by raising the ceiling price to RM500,000 in line with the stamp duty exemption. In addition, the age of borrowers to qualify for the scheme will be increase from 35 to 40 years.
- RM40 million will be allocated under the Public Housing Maintenance Programme to make the living conditions more comfortable for the rakyat who live in public low cost housing. Meanwhile, RM100 million will also be allocated under the 1Malaysia Maintenance Fund for maintenance of private low cost housing
Housing Schemes for Civil Servants
- Increased the minimum eligibility for housing loans from RM80,000 to RM120,000 and the maximum eligibility limit from RM450,000 to RM600,000.
- Processing fee of housing loan application of RM100 is abolished.
- Both proposals will take effect on 1 January 2015.
1Malaysia Civil Servants
- Committed to increasing the construction of houses under the scheme
- To build an additional 5,380 units including 1,600 units in Putrajaya, 1,530 units in Bukit Jalil, 1,290 in Papar, Sabah and 960 units in Bukit Pinang, Kedah.
- In addition, the government will improve the scheme as follows:
* Reducing the minimum price of houses currently at RM150,000 to RM90,000 per unit with a minimum floor area of 850 square feet
* Raising the qualifying requirement of household income from RM8,000 to RM10,000 per month and
* Providing a facilitation fund of up to 25% from the project cost for developers participating in the scheme
Repair & Maintenance
- Government will allocate RM500 million for repair and maintenance that will be implemented in stages for military,police, teachers and medical staff’s quarters nationwide
- RM105 million is allocated to Ministry of Urban Wellbeing.
- Housing and Local Government for maintenance of Government quarters under the MyBeautiful Malaysia programme covering 126 locations.